Sunday, September 29, 2013

30 Mani Marathon - Manicure 10: Gradient

The 10th task in the 30 Mani Marathon is Gradient Nails.


To represent Gradient Nails, I began with a base coat and one coat of Zoya Purity (white). After the white had dried, I chose two holographic polishes, Literary Lacquers Laters Baby (grey) and Hits Ares (red), and dropped some of each color side by side onto a metal stamping plate. I then took a piece of cosmetic wedge sponge and dipped it into both colors at once, and dabbed that to my nails where I wanted the gradient to be. I repeated this process, giving the layers time to dry in between dabbings, about 4 or 5 times until I had the desired gradient effect. I sealed the manicure with a layer of top coat, and used q-tips dipped in polish remover to clean up around the cuticles.

No comments:

Post a Comment