Thursday, September 12, 2013

30 Mani Marathon - Manicure 4: Green Nails

The 4th task in the 30 Mani Marathon is Green Nails.


To represent Green Nails, I chose to create Melty Chocolate Mint Chip Waffle Cones! I began with a base coat, two coats of a chocolate brown Color Club that isn't labeled, and a coat of Dreams Nail Lacquer top coat. I used China Glaze Below Deck, and Bundle Monster plate BM-315 to create the waffle cone design. I topped that with a layer of Hard Candy Matte top coat to give the 'cones' a dull look that would contrast with the 'ice cream' drips.


Next, I used a large size dotting tool and China Glaze Re-fresh Mint to create the mint green drips, and added a thin layer of Dreams top coat to the mint green only. Then, I used a flat nail art brush to dab small amounts of Lush Lacquer Salt n Peppa over the green to create the 'chips' or 'sprinkles'. Finally, I added a layer of Gelous Advanced Gel top coat to the green drips only.


Click here for all the 30 Mani Marathon details, list of tasks, and timeline.


1 comment: