Monday, March 25, 2013

Hard Candy Jubilee

Today's Green manicure features Hand Candy, Jubilee. 


As always, I began by applying a base coat and letting it dry. For the base color beneath this grassy glitter, I chose two coats of China Glaze Starboard. When Starboard was dry, I applied one very careful coat of Hard Candy Jubilee to each nail.


I'm quite glad I did some research on this glitter before using it, so that I was aware of the curling issues of the orange bar glitter. Apparently they have a tendency to stick straight up. To remedy this, after applying a careful coat to a few nails, I took the end of a tooth pick and gently dabbed the ends of the bar glitter into place. Somewhat tedious, but effective. 


I followed that with a coat of Gelous gel top coat, and then a coat of Seche Vite top coat, waiting  for each coat to dry before adding the next. The result is smooth and glossy, with no curling glitter. 


Products used:
One coat Beauty Secrets Moisturizing Base Coat
Two coats China Glaze Starboard
One coat Hard Candy Jubilee
One coat Gelous Advanced Gel Top Coat
One coat Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat




No comments:

Post a Comment