Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hippity Hop

Happy Easter!


This years Easter manicure began with a layer of my fave base coat, as always. I followed that with one coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac, which was the perfect base color to match this Hard Candy glitter I have been dying to try. After letting Lacey Lilac dry for  bit, I added one generous coat of Hard Candy Pixie Pink (which is more of a purple, instead of a pink).


To that, I added a layer of Seche Vite top coat. I always add top coat to my polish and let that dry before attempting any nail stamping, as it will allow you to gently wipe off the stamp once or even twice if you aren't happy with it. This saves the polish underneath in case of a stamp disaster :) 


The stamps I chose came from Bundle Monster plate BM-302, and are stamped with Konad Black Special Polish. I added a small purple rhinestone to the center of the flower design at the base of the egg that the thumb-bunny is sitting in, and sealed the nails with another layer of Seche Vite.


 I just love the way these came out! The hippity-hopping bunnies across the nails are just too darn adorable. In hindsight maybe I should have done one up, one down, one up, one down to make them seem more hoppy...oh well!

Products Used:
One coat Beauty Secrets Moisturizing Base Coat
One coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac
One coat Hard Candy Pixie Pink
One coat Seche Vite Top Coat
Bundle Monster stamping plate BM-302
Konad Black Special Stamping Polish
One coat Seche Vite Top Coat

And here's a 'bonus' throwback picture of last years Easter manicure.












No comments:

Post a Comment